Firstly, a big thank you for all your prayer support and encouragement for Robert’s trip to Bangladesh and the Middle East. He really needed it as things changed very rapidly as a result of terrorism and the death of his host’s father in law! Apart from that, he was privileged to meet the children in the orphanage supported by World In Need. It was a real honour to spend time with such precious people who serve the Lord with what little material things they have.
We are both off on our travels again. On Friday 12 May we go to Albania.
- Fri 12 – We fly to Tirana (flight leaves at 08:10) and travel on to Elbasan, which will be our base whilst we are in Albania
- Sat 13 – We return to Tirana and spend the day at a Marriage Day being organised by our friends Eddie and Artina Morava
- Sun 14 – In the evening Robert will be speaking at Betel Church in Tirana and spending time with many dear believers
- Mon 15 – Moving back to Elbasan – drinking lots of coffee and spending time with our friends in the Church there
- Sat 20 – Travel to Korca, spending time with the Elders and their wives
- Sun 21 – Preaching in the Church in the evening
- Mon 22 – Back to Elbasan
- Fri/Sat 26/27 – Leadership training with the leaders of the Newfrontiers Churches in Albania
- Sun 28 – Robert will be preaching at the Elbasan Church
- Tues 30 – Fly home, leaving Tirana at 20:55 UK time
Health: Robert has not been well recently; he has had to increase his painkillers and is having problems with his other hip!
Safety in travelling: The roads can be very dangerous.
Anointing of the Spirit: That God will anoint and use Robert powerfully as he teaches and Nicky as she relates to the women.
Receptivity: That Robert will be able to build on the teaching he has given over the years. Also that the Albanian Newfrontiers leaders will be able to apply the training they receive to their lives and church situations.
Relationships: Pray that relationships between the leaders and Robert will be good as he seeks to communicate through translators. For Nicky as she relates to the wives who will be there. Do pray that the leaders’ wives will be able to make it too; often they have to stay at home with family commitments.
Our programme for the next few months:
June: We will be in Croatia, working with the leaders that we have come to know and love in Split.
July: Robert will be travelling to Kenya. Speaking at Soy International Bible School and staying and spending time with our friends Robert and Alice.
As you can see, our programme is filling up fast. Pray for health and strength, and wisdom over what invitations we should accept and those we should decline.
The brothers and sisters we work with in third-world countries are poor and have very little, we have been happy to fund not only our own expenses but also the accommodation, food and travel of those attending the training we do with World in Need. We are happy to continue to support ourselves out of our own funds, but would like to ask you to stand with us as we seek to help those that we train, by considering supporting our dear brothers and sisters in the training we do.
If you would like to give, then please direct any gifts to World in Need. You can give directly by Credit/Debit Card on their website (worldinneed.co.uk/donate). Click on the button at the side where it says ‘wherever the need is greatest’ and you will see the ‘Leadership Training’ option.
Cheques can be sent to World in Need at Trinity Hall, Mill Crescent, Crowborough, TN6 2QU, marked ‘For Leadership Training’; or you can give cheques or cash to us, marked ‘For World In Need’s Leadership Training’ which we will pass on, and give you a receipt if you require one.
If you do not wish to continue receiving our News Letters, don’t worry, just let us know.